I’ve had a few requests for this so here you go. It can be adapted with ordinary haggis too or veggie black pudding and is an adaptation of a hairy dieters go veggie recipe.
smartpoints per portion: 7
450g veggie haggis sliced
500g potatoes thinly sliced
2 parsnips thinly sliced
2 carrots thinly sliced
1 tsp dried sage
750ml vegetable stock (cubes are fine)
1 tbsp plain flour
2 garlic cloves
250g turnip thinly sliced
1 large onion chopped
1 large apple grated
1. Preheat oven to 180. Spray some oil and fry garlic and onion for 3 mins until softened. Add about 50ml water, sage and flour and cook for a further 3 mins until the mixture thickens slightly.
2. Add stock to the pan and allow to reduce for about 5 mins.
3. In your casserole dish make a layer of half the potatoes, then a layer using half the carrots, apple, turnip and parsnip.
4. Continue layering this time with all the haggis and then pour over half the stock/onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Layer the remaining carrots, apple, turnip and parsnip. Finally add a layer using the remaining potatoes.
6. Pour over the last of the stock mixture and season again. Spray with spray oil.
7. cook covered for an hour. Uncover and cook for a further 30-40 mins.
Let me know if you try it!