Getting older suits me. I’ve grown into myself and I’m much more content with what I have and where I’ve been. I’m not perfect at all and I’m constantly growing as a person.
My teenage self was reckless and unsure of herself. It almost makes me sad looking back but it was all part of my journey. That’s right guys. I used the word journey and I’m not even sorry.
Here are the things I wish I could tell my younger self. Not that I’d have listened:
1) It doesn’t matter how many people you’ve slept with. once you hit 30 you won’t even remember what you had for breakfast let alone how many willies you’ve seen. After a while they merge into one.
2) You are a Queen and you deserve respect. Have sex if you want to but not to feel wanted. Sadly that’s not how it works.
3) You’re not fat but even if you are it doesn’t matter. There are far worse things you can be than fat. Love yourself hard. Which leads us nicely on to our next point.
4) Don’t be a dick. Being mean about someone else doesn’t make you thinner/more popular/smarter. Be nice. You’ll feel better in yourself for it.
5) Don’t focus on what you want to be when you grow up. There’s plenty of time. You might be 40 and still not know and that’s really ok.
6) Travel more. Skegness doesn’t count.
7) Sleep more. Stock up for when you have kids. Seriously, you have no idea how much you’ll need it.
8) Buy your own drinks. If you want to be an independent woman you gotta pay your own way.
9) Keep your circle small. Embrace your quirks and spend time with people who love you for them. Quality not quantity.
10) Money isn’t everything but happiness most definitely is.
11) Be careful what you put in your body. You only get one.
12) Treat others with the respect they deserve. Respect is a two way street. Don’t take anyone for granted.
13) You can’t change people. Keep your side of the street clean and let others deal with theirs.
14) Study more but don’t kill yourself with it. It might seem incredibly stressful at the time but you get one shot. Try harder. It will be worth it. There will be plenty more parties to go to.
15) Take the picture regardless. You’ll look back and give yourself a big laugh one day.
16) Sometimes bad things happen to good people. It’s about how you deal with these obstacles that’s really important.
16) You’ll be fine.
Can you think of anymore to add? I’m sure we could go on for days.